(image source: from PPJ Gazette website)
BELOW IS AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY OF HOW MY LOCAL FAMILY COURT CONTINUES TO HARASS AND IMPEDE MY ACCESS TO THE COURT IN RETALIATION FOR: MY COMPLAINTS TO THE JUDICIAL CONDUCT COMMITTEE
I WENT TO COURT TO VIEW MY FILE AND SHERIFFS’ OFFICERS ESCORTED ME THROUGHOUT THE COURT HOUSE AND EVEN DOWN THE STREET.
THIS WAS NOTHING MORE THAN HARASSMENT.
TO DISCOURAGE FURTHER HARASSMENT:
I AM PREPARING A LAWSUIT WITH ANOTHER LAWYER AND MAKING OPRA REQUESTS (COSTLY FOR THE STATE TO COMPLY WITH) TO DISCOURAGE FURTHER MISCONDUCT AND DOCUMENT THE ISSUES.
O.P.R.A. REQUEST SENT 8/8/2014
TO DOCUMENT THE CONTINUED HARASSMENT
SENT TO: SHERIFF KEMLER, UNDER-SHERIFF MEDINA, FREEHOLDER BRIAN HUGHES, MERCER COUNTY OFFICE OF COUNSEL (A. Sypek), Court Staff (Sandra Terry)
O.P.R.A. Request #6 TO MERCER COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE & Request to Judiciary for Common-law right of access
RE: Harassment Allegations of Derek Syphrett
INTRODUCTION TO O.P.R.A. REQUEST:
I am writing today to get information about a bizarre personal experience I endured while reviewing my court files at 400 Warren St. and paying for my copied files at 175 S. Broad Street.
I am writing to place an O.P.R.A. Request which is listed below my statement of facts below the sections of this email denoted as “Introduction…” and “introductory comments regarding 8/6/2014 Statement of Facts.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
1) That part of the reason I am making this O.P.R.A. request is to prepare for a lawsuit and to discourage the Sheriff’s Office and the Superior Court from attempting to harass or intimidate me further. I am probably the last person on earth that the court or the Sheriff’s Office should attempt to harass, intimidate, or stalk.
2) Please be advised if I continue to be confronted with bizarre behavior and actions by the Mercer County Sheriff’s Office I will continue to update the FBI and document the issues via O.P.R.A. requests and or lawsuits to discourage:
a) any further misconduct with regard to my enforcement of my civil rights;
b) obstruction, impediments, or harassment related to my right to access the court.
3) I believe all parties will be well served by a strict adherence to my personal boundaries and my constitutionally protected rights. Further questionable conduct will lead to more O.P.R.A. requests and increased claims of damages in the future.
/6/2014 STATEMENT OF FACTS:
When I arrived at the 400 Warren Street court house for my scheduled appointment with the court to view my court files (which were deficient of missing documents AND inclusive of misfiled protected documents). I felt unnecessarily harassed by the Mercer County Sheriff’s Office.
(Note: Both my lawyer and I felt it was inappropriate that my family court files were ONLY available for viewing in the “criminal” court house at 400 Warren Street rather than within the Family Court. I believe that this is a sign that the Family Court is unwilling to accommodate my access to the Family Court, unless I protest as I did on 8/6/2014 when I insisted on going to the family court to pay for my copies rather than having my lawyer write a check and reimbursing him as was requested by court staff).
This O.P.R.A. request has been sent to get information about the Sheriff’s Office’s activities related to my visit to the court houses at the aforementioned addresses on 8/6/2014.
Specifically be advised that:
I was “stalked” by 2 Sheriff’s Officers. One officer was badge #239 (his approximate name was “Ristuccia”) once I entered the court house. When I asked the officers if there was any order for them to escort me through the court house, they responded no, but they continued to follow me and my lawyer Laurence Sheller throughout the court house as if we were suspects of a crime.
Once I arrived in court room 2A as I had arranged by appointment with Sandra Terry, The Officers remained in the court room and I asked the court staff in the room if there was any order for me to be escorted throughout the court house. They responded “no”.
Yet when I left the court to pay for the copies of my file the officers again followed me to the 175 S. Broad Street Court house and began following me throughout that court house.
I found this activity to be quite unnerving given:
my past experience with the Sheriff’s office and the still unexplained “kidnapping” of my person on 8/19/2013 that was purported to be an arrest on 8/19/2013, but later revealed to be a simple abduction of my person “under the color of law”. The Sheriff’s Office no longer takes the position that an arrest occurred on 8/19/2013 despite the fact I was told I was under arrest in front of a witness that accompanied me to court AND I was read Miranda, AND a Miranda form was filled out.
Once I left the court house to get into my car the Officers followed me until I passed the 400 Warren Street court house. At that point I asked Officer (Badge #239) If there was any order to escort me throughout the court house and he said “I can’t divulge that information”.
I then asked some follow-up questions to make sure the officer was aware that I am not a suspect to any crime or a convicted felon, and in fact I intend to Sue Catherine Fitzpatrick and the Sheriff’s Dept. For the aforementioned “kidnapping” and the emotional damages I suffered, which contributed to me ending up on Federal Disability (Permanently) with documented PTSD.
1) Prior to the facts cited above I found that Under-Sheriff Medina was cyber stalking my LinkedIn page and I called the FBI to complain about the incident given my past experience with the Sheriff’s Office and the prior FBI investigation of my complaint. I found Mr. Medina’s contact via LinkedIN to be unsettling especially given my well founded concerns for misconduct by the Mercer County Sheriff’s Office and my fear of further retaliation for my “whistleblowing”.
2) There is a court order from Judge Covert and Judge Bookbinder of the Superior Court of New Jersey (oral order with written minute order) that denotes the fact that I am not deemed to legally be a threat to self, others, or property. It is therefore VERY SUSPECT FOR THE MERCER COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE TO ESCORT ME THROUGHOUT A COURT HOUSE, WHEN THE COURTS ACCOMODATE VISITS FROM CONVICTED FELONS AND VIOLENT CRIME OFFENDERS WITHOUT ESCORTING MANY OF THESE INDIVIDUALS THROUGHOUT THE COURT WHEN THEY APPEAR FOR PROBATION OR WHILE ON BAIL…. IT MAKES NO COMMON SENSE THAT I AM BEING TREATED AS A GREATER SECURITY THREAT AND/OR HARASSED TO A GREATER DEGREE THAN VIOLENT CRIMINALS WHO APPEAR AT YOUR COURT HOUSE WITHOUT ESCORTS!!!
O.P.R.A. REQUEST #6 Dispatch / Sheriff Officer Assignment Records for 8/6/2014
TO MERCER COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE – RECORD CUSTODIAN
TO SUPERIOR COURT OF NEW JERSEY (MERCER COUNTY VINCINAGE): RECORD KEEPER, ASSIGNMENT JUDGE, COURT CLERK, & SANDRA TERRY
O.P.R.A. REQUEST AND COMMON LAW RIGHT OF ACCESS REQUESTS FOR:
1. Mercer County Sheriff’s Office (AKA MCSO): Dispatch Log for 8/6/2014
2. MCSO: Incident Summaries for 8/6/2014
3. MSCO and/or Superior Court: Internal Communications, Emails, Memorandum, or like correspondence from 6/15/2014 to 8/8/2014 containing Derek Syphrett’s name or any of the following variations of Mr. Syphrett’s name such as “Mr. Syphrett, D. Syphrett, Syphrett”.
4. Any communication from the Superior Court Judge(s) or staff to MCSO staff regarding Derek Syphrett between 6/15/2014 to 8/8/2014
5. Any document in the MCSO possession or Superior Court Possession requesting or ordering the MSCO to escort Mr. Syphrett on 8/6/2014.
6. A Blank “Notice of Claim” Form, which applies to filing a legal claim against the MCSO staff.
7. Documents detailing / summarizing the the dispatch or assignment of Sheriff’s Officers to Family Court court rooms on 8/6/2014.
Note: As part of your O.P.R.A. responsibility, please request common law access to any records not in your possession but in the possession of the Superior Court, to the extent to such records exist and are possessed by the Superior Court.
Note: I have submitted this email as a letter to the courts. It should arrive at the court on Monday or Tuesday. I hereby request common law access to any records possessed by the Superior Court, which meet the descriptions above.
Format of response:
Please provide this information via email or in electronic format.
Frequency of response:
Please deliver the documents: “as discovered ”
Destination for response:
Deliver to dsyphrett@EMAILREDACTED preferred destination is email)
MY ADDRESS REDACTED
(only mail the records if you are unable to deliver them via email)
O.P.R.A. NOTICE REGARDING FELONY CONVICTIONS and CITIZENSHIP OF PETITIONER
I am not a convicted felon.
I am a dual citizen of the sovereign state of New Jersey AND the United States of America
Derek C. Syphrett
I’ve been extremely patient under the above described circumstances. I believe your agencies & personnel are continuing a pattern of abuse that began with my kidnapping on 8/19/2013.